Become a Go Row Indoor Instructor
In response to market demand, British Rowing has developed a CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) accredited Go Row Indoor Workshop for Fitness Professionals.
What is Go Row Indoor?
Go Row Indoor is British Rowing’s indoor rowing programme aiming to get everyone rowing whether it be for fun, fitness or competition.
What will I get out of the Go Row Indoor Workshop?
At the end of this workshop, fitness professionals will be able to:
- Confidently teach British Rowing technique
- Include indoor rowing in a gym induction
- Create an indoor rowing focused training plan for clients
- Understand the full potential of the indoor rowing machine and how it can be adapted to suit any individual regardless of shape, size, age, fitness level or ability
- Run Go Row Indoor or other indoor rowing based fitness classes
The workshop is accredited through CIMSPA.
Who can attend the Go Row Indoor Workshop?
The workshop can be attended by any fitness professional who has completed a minimum of a Level 2 Fitness Instructor Training qualification or equivalent, including those with no previous rowing experience. This includes:
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction (which can either be GYM, Water Based Exercise, Health Related Exercise for Children or Exercise to Music)
Learners will also be accepted onto the workshop if they can evidence that they have a qualification, experience or have attended training within similar mandatory fitness instruction units. These include:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Planning, preparing and evaluating a gym programme
- Principles of health and fitness
- Coaching, mentoring, or instructing within a Health and Fitness environment
- Delivering safe and effective exercise programmes
- Demonstrating good personal technique on a range of CV equipment, fixed resistance, free weights and body weight exercises
- Apply specific health checks
- Learning basic skills that will enable you to include older adult, disabled, and antenatal and post-natal client groups in your sessions
How is the Go Row Indoor Workshop structured?
Two versions of the workshop have been developed, an in-person workshop (max. 12 participants) and a virtual workshop.
Both workshops includes theory, group discussion and practical learning with a focus on delivering indoor rowing based personal training sessions, classes and instruction.
How long is the workshop?
In-person workshop = five hours
Virtual workshop = three hours with one hour of pre-workshop learning
How much will it cost?
£95 for individual bookings
When is the next workshop?
|Go Row Indoor Fitness Professional Workshop||26 November 2023||12:00 – 15:00||Virtual||Click here|
- Go Row Indoor Fitness Professional Workshop
- 26 November 2023
- 12:00 – 15:00
- Booking Link:
- Click here
How do I apply?
To book onto a workshop as an individual fitness professional, or to find upcoming workshop dates, click here and search for Go Row Indoor.
To book, simply create a free electronic profile, upload a copy of your Level 2 or Level 3 qualification certificate to your profile and British Rowing will approve your qualification, allowing you to book on.
If you are a fitness operator or rowing club and would like to book a workshop for your team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding our workshops, please complete our enquiry form.